Friday, March 13, 2009

Need to Get on a Plane


This week has been, let's say, a challenge. A lot of things changed in just a few days, plans were cancelled, resumes were mailed and lives reviewed. Yes, it's been a week.


The one thing that didn't is the one thing, I think I need more than anything at this moment. So does my sister and so does my son. We need to go see my mother. I know she can drive me insane, but, I drive her insane too and that's the point sometimes. The insanity is just worth it. I need to be 3000 miles away from reality right now and April 10th can not come soon enough.


I probably shouldn't go. There are numerous reasons for me to stay here, but, I need this. I need the sun, the quiet and the craziness that is my family. We haven't been together in many months, but, it feels like forever.


So mom, we are coming. Break out the clean sheets, the extra towels and you'll have to remember how to cook for more than 2. We're heading out soon and can't wait to get there.


Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment