Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tech Overload

OK, I admit it. I have become addicted to my computer, my email, my facebook , my website ( www.GirlfriendGeneration.com ), my twitter account ( http://twitter.com/GirlfriendGener ) and my local chat board ( .http://trumbullnet.proboards91.com/ ). It's insane.

The thing is, once you start using these things to promote your business and establish communications, you can't not do it. People get used to you being there. They get used to you answering them within a few minutes. They start to worry a little bit if they don't here from you all day. Flattering and exhausting at the same time. I saw a quote today that works well with that statement. "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - Bill Cosby. Kind of says it all.

Each option has its pluses and not so pluses, let's say. But, if you don't stay on top of them, post become obsolete almost immediately.

This is so funny, because I never even touched a computer until 10 years ago. Knew nothing about them. My husband brought one home, put it on the desk and said figure it out. He is probably regretting that decision at this point. We now have (5) computers in the house; (3) desk tops, (1) for each of us, my laptop and my husbands work laptop, that goes back and forth with him.

My friends think I am now the "go to girl". If it can be found, I will find it. Looking for a crown made of brass that looks like it came from the 14th century with scattered "stones"? I can find it. It's like a treasure hunt. I get those kinds of calls all the time.

This is my newest of blogs. I needed something that covered alot of different areas of my life, not just my business and friendships, which are all intertwined. This blog will be for a lot of things. I will be answering questions from people, and since I do that stuff anyway, I will be publishing the questions and answers, because my friends can't be the only ones who want to know this stuff.

I will bring ideas for all kinds of things to the table, and should you be so inclined to ask a question, I will answer you as well. Be well, be happy, just BE.

Until later,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment